Matched

  • Breaking News

    WATER RESOURCES ARE SHRINKING: By Lone Shahid


    WATER RESOURCES ARE SHRINKING: By Lone Shahid
    WATER RESOURCES ARE SHRINKING: By Lone Shahid
                           Writer: Lone Shahid

    Water


    Allah (SWT) has bestowed mankind with lots of natural resources such as water, forests, fuels, sunlight, atmosphere, land etc. Natural resources are those resources that exist without any deliberate actions of human beings. Among those all resources, one of the precious resource is water. The Holy Quran and Hadith teaches us principles of social justice and equality which also exists into the practice of preserving earths natural resources particularly water conservation. According to Islam, water is community's a rare precious precious resources and is a huge blessing to all living things. All plants and animals need to survive, If there had been no water there would have been no life on earth. Apart from drinking it is used for cooking, washing clothes, bathing etc. Water is also essential for the healthy growth of farm crops and farm stock and is used in the manufacturing of many products. Almost 71 percent of earth is comprised of water. Human body is also made of 70 percent of water. There are various sources of water available on earth such as surface water, oceans, rivers, lakes, streams, springs, ponds, rain water tanks, bores and wells etc. 

    But unfortunately, now a days water bodies are shrinking now . It is all due to greediness and materialistic approaches of human beings. For our benefit we have destroyed water bodies. We have heard from our ancestors, elders that once upon a time we were consuming water of streams, lakes, rivers etc .for drinking purposes. At that time water was pure and clean and was pollution free.There was no pollution in the water bodies. Now we see water with degrading nature. It has serious consequences such as increase in global conflicts, lack of access to clean water, there would be shortage of food, energy shortages, economic shutdown. One day, we will suffer for some drops of drinking water. 

    Water

    With a growing population and rising needs of a fast development without commensurate recharge water resources are  Surviving. Fast economic growth is also causing erosion of resources . Rapid growth in demand for water due to population growth, urbanisation and changing lifestyle poses serious challenges to water scarcity. Unsustainable economic growth is fast, depleting the resources and is further aggravating crisis. Low public consciousness about the overall scarcity and  economic value of water also results in its wastage and inefficient use. This results in excessive exploitation of groundwater. Inequitable distribution and lack of an unified perspective in planing, management and use of water resources are aggravating the situation. Due to global warming glaciers melts hence effect the world population. We have destructed all water bodies. One of most polluting being city sewages and industrial wastage discharge, oil pollution, river dumping, marine dumping. It effects on aquatic life, destruction of ecosystem. We humans are the main cause of water pollution. Other causes of water resources shrinking are overuse of water, pollution of water, global warming, ground water pollution, lack of education, loss of biodiversity etc. 

    Water

    The water bodies are shrinking are more and more, at an alarming rate. Even though 71 percent earth is made of water. Only 3 percent of water is drinkable. The other 97 percent of the water is undrinkable. Even 1.2 billion people don't have even clean water to drink or use. We should do justice with the water resources. We need to stop our planet resources as which speed we are using.They will run out if we continue to use them at this alarming speed. Pollution does not just effect the world, it affects those of us who live on it. Water is the foundation of food and life. Next to air, water is our most precious resource. Obviously we can't live without water. Conserving water helps to preserve our environment. We all have a responsibility to save water. The challenge for our region is to ensure sustainable use of this precious resource. This is only possible, if we use the natural resources judicially. To prevent and check water pollution, we should not throw wastes in the water.
    In short, life is water and water is life. 

     The writer is pursuing M. Com in kashmir university and writes on different issues. He can be reached at 
          Lone shahid

    No comments

    Post Bottom Ad